- What do we create as instructors to help our students learn?
- What do we have our students create to show their learning?
Join the POT community starting April 10 for six weeks of reading, viewing and discussing creativity in online teaching. Each week will focus on a particular topic, and we’ll explore ideas and practices, share what works and what doesn’t, examine some current research, and engage in a community of practice. To participate, faculty should join the POT Facebook Group. Come for one week, or all six!
April 11 – Topic 1 – Teaching online as a creative process
April 18 – Topic 2 – Creativity in Content
April 25 – Topic 3 – Creativity and Class Discussion/Student Interaction
May 2 – Topic 4 – Creative Approaches and Assessment
May 9 – Topic 5 – Creativity in Materials
May 16 – Topic 6 – Inspiring creative online teaching
May 23 – wrap up
What’s needed to participate?
- Join the POT Facebook Group. There is no need to friend anyone – just send a request to join. You will be added within 48 hours.
- Get a Hypothes.is account, and join the POT Chat group. With this you will be able to annotate the readings with other participants. (See tutorial)
- Optional: Join Twitter. Hashtag for this activity and POT’s community is #potcomm.
- If you’re MiraCosta faculty, be sure to keep track of your own flex hours – this is not a formal workshop.
For flex – All MiraCosta College faculty participating in POT Chat may claim flex hours via My Flex by selecting Other Activities, then Collaboration. You may claim up to 3 hours per week/topic. For documentation, you may submit Facebook screenshots or the text of your status updates in the POT Facebook group. For participants from other colleges, please check with the professional development guidelines at your school.
Please note that the POT Facebook Group and this activity may be joined by faculty and online educators from colleges around the world.
You can see the F.A.Q. here.